In this episode: Maria Johnson, Billy Newton, Angela Sealana, Ehab Yasi, and Fawaz Yasi
Day of Prayer and Fasting for Syria; Johnson wedding anniversary; Chaldean Catholics; Yasi brothers’ journey from Baghdad to San Diego, their “reversion” to the Catholic Church, and their musical journey; Elijah and Elisha’s album; Feedie app: food pictures for the needy; Maria closing in on 1,000 blogposts; Thomas Peters update.
Links discussed during the show:
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel for playlists of previous shows!
- Elijah and Elisha’s album, Spirit vs. Flesh on Amazon (SQPN affiliate link) and on iTunes
- Fasting Guidelines from the USCCB. Excerpt: “The fasting for Syria on September 7 is not obligatory and so can follow the guidelines of each Catholic’s conscience, ranging from a ‘black fast’ (no food or drink) to a fast of abstinence from one or more items (e.g., no meat, or no dessert, etc.). If one chooses to fast, however, it should be a sacrifice which includes some degree of hunger and self-restraint.”
- Sharing food pictures for the needy with the Feedie app. Limited to New York City for the moment.
- Thomas Peters recovery blog
- CNMC Announcements:
- CNMC Melbourne just concluded!
- Boston, Massachusetts, USA, 19-20 October 2013
- You can help SQPN continue producing great programs like this one. Please consider donating and being a Fan of SQPN. You can also sponsor an episode of Catholic Weekend. Go to the sponsor page to find out how.
Picks of the Week
- Maria: “Has Anyone Wept?”: Pope Francis and the Call for Peace by Kathryn Jean Lopez
- Billy: Ten Thousand Places blog
- Angela: Romans 12:9-21 (The New American Bible, Revised Edition (NABRE))
- Ehab: Chaldean Catholic Diocese of St. Peter the Apostle
- Fawaz: Anything by Fulton J. Sheen, especially Life of Christ (SQPN Affiliate link)
- Maria Johnson’s Another Cup of Coffee blog and on Twitter
- Billy Newton’s Aggregate blog site and on Twitter
- Angela Sealana’s Inspired Angela blog and on Twitter
- Ehab and Fawaz Yasi are Elijah and Elisha Catholic Rap: website, on Facebook, on YouTube, on Pandora Radio, and on Twitter