In this episode: Maria Johnson, Billy Newton, and Brandon Vogt
Defending the Faith Conference; From Mechanical Engineer to Catholic New Media Guru; New Media and the Catholic Church; More on the Papal Encyclical and Evangelization versus Copyright; CNMC update; Thomas Peters update.
Links discussed during the show:
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel for playlists of previous shows!
- New project with Fr Robert Barron: Catholicism: The New Evangelization
- The Church and New Media: Blogging Converts, Online Activists, and Bishops Who Tweet by Brandon Vogt (SQPN affiliate link)
- Brandon’s proposal for distribution of essential texts and teachings of the Church
- Thomas Peters recovery blog
- CNMC Announcements:
- One week away! Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 2-3 September 2013.
- Boston, Massachusetts, USA, 19-20 October 2013
- You can help SQPN continue producing great programs like this one. Please consider donating and being a Fan of SQPN. You can also sponsor an episode of Catholic Weekend. Go to the sponsor page to find out how.
Picks of the Week
- Maria: Discussions of a “theology of women in the church” continues in the press… my thoughts by Pat Gohn
- Billy: Feast of the Passion of St. John the Baptist on Thursday, 29 August. Here are some thoughts on his example for us today from Deacon Keith Fournier at Catholic Online
- Brandon: GK Chesterton’s first novel, The Napoleon of Notting Hill (SQPN Affiliate link)
- Maria Johnson’s Another Cup of Coffee blog and on Twitter
- Billy Newton’s Aggregate blog site and on Twitter
- Brandon Vogt’s Aggregate blog site, Digital Areopagus—Reason, Faith, and Dialogue, and on Twitter